QC Laboratory Technician - Exothera
At Univercells, we are on a mission to make health equally accessible to all. Through the combination of process development and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities to achieve our mission: biologics for all!
Exothera, a Univercells affiliate, is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) dedicated to virus and viral vector production. As a Univercells company, Exothera provides best-in-class bioprocessing expertise that capitalizes on novel manufacturing technologies. The company delivers accelerated process development/optimization to rapidly reach GMP clinical and commercial production of virus and viral vectors. At Exothera and Univercells, our mission is to make health equally accessible to all.
Every person will have the opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful. Apply and be part of this great adventure!
We are currently looking for 2 Quality Control (QC) Laboratory Technicians, and you will be responsible for performing a variety of QC analytical testing related to our GMP facility specializing in viral vectors production.
We are looking to strengthen the following teams:
You will execute a wide range of QC tests, including basic pharmacopeia tests (pH, conductivity, osmolality, appearance, etc.), infrared spectroscopy, SDS-PAGE, blotting, capillary electrophoresis, etc.
You will execute a variety of plate-based immunoassays, and QC tests that are using a similar format (protein assays, enzyme activity, etc)
- Cell-based assays
You will perform release tests that involve the evaluation of cell morphology, cell counting, viability, and several cell-based methods for the assessment of viral titer or product potency
You will be part of a dynamic QC team using these analytical techniques on a daily basis. Our upstream and downstream production teams will be your internal stakeholders and they will be waiting your analytical results (with their interpretation). In your job, as Lab Tech QC, you will prepare solutions, execute validated method, record & analyze data. You will maintain laboratory equipment and inventory for laboratory supplies. You will also contribute to the writing/review of analytical protocols and reports.
- Assemble, prepare, check, and calibrate equipment and/or materials for testing
- Perform the analytical testing according to SOP and follow GMP rules
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) according to good documentation practice
- Suggest and help implement improvements
Reporting & Analysis
- Review checklist/experimental data
- Evaluate and report results to QC Scientist
- At the request of the Scientist, compile data and write reports
Maintenance & Inventory
- Execute basic maintenance of lab equipment
- Cleaning and housekeeping
- Calibrate equipment
- Maintain inventory/standard materials in the lab
- Order specific material
Documentation & Training
- In collaboration with Scientists, contribute to Writing/Reviewing/Improving SOP, checklist, or reports
- Train colleagues on equipment use, procedures, and practices, …
- Share knowledge and experience
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a GMP Environment
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the technical areas listed above
- Eager to learn and leverage know-how
- Capacity to work autonomously
- “Technical-manual intelligence”, practical sense
- Enthusiastic and agile to work on a variety of projects in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to give confidence through in-depth experimental reports and data analysis
- Driven by curiosity and eager to learn more every day