This Analytical Science Manager position is the perfect opportunity to contribute to Technical Development department mission and be impactful.
Here, in Nivelles (Belgium), the Analytical Science Manager will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. She/He will be an actor of the successful development of smart and innovative production processes that are based on molecular biology, protein synthesis or cell and viral culture. She/He will manage the development and implementation of analytical assays to design the Drug Substance production process.
Supervising the Analytical team, she/he is responsible for the scientific and operational deliverables of the Analytical Science group that supports process development with a suite of analytical technologies that include qPCR, UPLC, Capillary Gel Electrophoresis, agarose gel, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, western blot, protein analysis and characterization , cell-based assays, etc. The analytical results allow the upstream and downstream process development teams to make the right decisions when it comes to the development of the Drug Substance production process. To that effect, she/he will lead a group of scientists and lab technicians and will be accountable for all contributions expected from the Analytical Science team in the context of external and internal projects.
The objectives of the Manager will be to ensure technical and scientific excellence of analytical workflows and deliverables. She/He will ensure operational efficiency in method development, pre-qualification and routine operations, within the perimeter of project budgets and the applicable Quality Management System. Being innovative, she/he will ensure a continuous team development in analytics and the application of industry best practice.
- Provide scientific leadership in Analytical Science team in order to meet the objectives of the projects.
- Represent the Analytical lab in all operational meetings and exchanges that require input from this expertise.
- Contribute to the creation of scientific standards for method development, qualification and routine execution.
- Organize analytical practices in accordance with scientific and quality standards of the organization.
- Manages the Analytical Science team and is accountable for all analytical activities that are performed to support the other development teams.
- Fix team members objectives and govern their development and evolution.
- Evaluates training needs of the team members.
- Ensures transparent responsibilities within the team, e.g. by maintaining job descriptions and adequate internal communications and team meetings.
- Advocate and live the company values.
- Ensure operational excellence of the Analytical Science lab in accordance with the standards of the organization.
- Lead operational aspects related to the position:
- Operational planning and management of lab resources
- Budgeting (including preparation and presentation)
- Forecasting of resource requirements and formulating justification.
- Develop business cases for implementation of new technologies.
- Ensure that the analytical labs are properly equipped and maintained.
- Interact with external partners when such support is required by project managers or business development.
- Ensure that the team representatives maintain the highest standards of interactions with the project managers and external partners.
- Act accountable for the preparation of projects :
- Project proposals [supporting project management or business development when needed]
- Development / Study Plans
- Development / Study Reports
- Results Presentations and other communications with external partners
- Actively contribute to QMS implementation within the organization.
- Ensure implementation of all required good laboratory practices in the Analytical Science lab.
- At least five years of industry experience in biologics / biopharmaceuticals / pharmaceutics.
- At least five years of experience in a lab environment focusing on analytics of biomolecules.
- Analytical experience in the field of molecular biology, protein synthesis, cell-based and viral production processes is highly expected.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical method development and qualification is required in preferably several of the described areas: qPCR, UPLC, CGE, agarose gel, ELISA, SDS-Page, western blot, protein dosage, cell-based assays.
- At least two (2) years of team management experience in life sciences is required
- Advanced degree in life sciences / chemistry / chemical or bio-engineering (MSc or PhD), or equivalent
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and communication skills required.
- Fluent English is required, French is a definite asset
Did you recognize yourself in this description? Are you one of our Analytical Science Manager? We offer a long-term contract, a competitive salary package including many different benefits, and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic, and fast-growing company.
Is it appealing to you? Are you a powerful thinker combined with an efficient doer? Apply now!