The Technical Development department has the ambition to position Univercells Vaccines as a key player and a reference in the development of new technologies for vaccine and other biologics production by proposing solutions breaking the barriers to bioproduction in order to make these other biologics available and affordable to all. This mission is achieved through the combination of process development and engineering expertise that creates synergies and delivers game-changing production capacities.
This Analytical Science Manager position is the perfect opportunity to contribute to Technical Development department mission and be impactful.
Here, in Nivelles (Belgium), the Analytical Science Manager will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. She/He will be an actor of the successful development of a smart and innovative vaccine production processes. She/He will manage the development and implementation of analytical assays to design the Drug Substance production process.
Supervising the Analytical team, she/he is responsible for the scientific and operational deliverables of the Analytical Science group that supports process development with a suite of analytical technologies that include ELISA, virus titration, cell-based assays, SDS-Page, dot-blot, western blot assays, qPCR, etc. The analytical results allow the upstream and downstream process development teams to make the right decisions when it comes to the development of the Drug Substance production process (antigens, viral vectors, virus-like particles and other biologics). To that effect, she/he will lead a group of scientists and lab technicians and will be accountable for all contributions expected from the Analytical Science team in the context of external and internal projects.
The objectives of the Manager will be to ensure technical and scientific excellence of analytical workflows and deliverables. She/He will ensure operational efficiency in method development, pre-qualification and routine operations, within the perimeter of project budgets and the applicable Quality Management System. Being innovative, she/he will ensure a continuous team development in analytics and the application of industry best practice.
- Provide scientific leadership and be accountable for all analytical activities that are performed to support upstream and downstream process development.
- Represent the Analytical lab in all operational meetings and exchanges that require input from this expertise.
- Contribute to the creation of scientific standards for method development, qualification and routine execution.
- Organize analytical practices in accordance with scientific and quality standards of the organization
- Ensure operational excellence of the Analytical Science lab in accordance with the standards of the organization.
- Lead operational aspects related to the position:
- Operational planning and management of lab resources
- Budgeting (including preparation and presentation)
- Forecasting of resource requirements and formulating justification.
- Develop business cases for implementation of new technologies.
- Govern team development and evolution of team members.
- Evaluate training needs of the team members.
- Ensure transparent responsibilities within the team, e.g. by maintaining job descriptions and adequate internal communications and team meetings.
- Interact with external partners when such support is required by project managers or business development.
- Ensure that the team representatives maintain the highest standards of interactions with the project managers and external partners.
- Act accountable for the preparation of projects :
- Project proposals [supporting project management or business development when needed]
- Development / Study Plans
- Development / Study Reports
- Results Presentations and other communications with external partners
- Actively contribute to QMS implementation within the organization.
- Ensure implementation of all required good laboratory practices in the Analytical Science lab
- At least five years of industry experience in biologics / biopharmaceuticals / pharmaceutics.
- At least five years of experience in a lab environment focusing on analytics of biomolecules.
- Analytical experience with viral particles, viral vectors, and monoclonal antibodies is highly recommended.
- Demonstrated experience with analytical method development and qualification is required in preferably several of the following technical areas: HPLC, ELISA, cell-based assays and/or qPCR
- At least two (2) years of team management experience in life sciences is required
- Advanced degree in life sciences / chemistry / chemical or bio-engineering (MSc or PhD), or equivalent
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and communication skills required.
- Fluent English is required, French is a definite asset
Did you recognize yourself in this description? Are you one of our Analytical Science Manager? We offer a long-term contract, a competitive salary package including many different benefits, and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic, and fast-growing company.
Is it appealing to you? Are you a powerful thinker combined with an efficient doer? Apply now!