Univercells is an innovative investment holding overseeing four biotechnology businesses in different degrees of maturity: a biomanufacturing equipment company, a contract manufacturer, a vaccine company, and a healthcare company. Univercells’ holding is fostering an innovation ecosystem allowing the generation of new synergistic businesses organically. Besides Univercells is scouting to acquire new businesses. The existing portfolio companies are being managed and supported to fulfill the group's mission.
As a BD associate, you will be actively contributing to:
- Business opportunity evaluation, construction of business cases and drafting of business plans
- Performing market intelligence and market analysis, evaluating and prioritizing market opportunities, defining pricing strategy and value proposition to build a strong product portfolio
- Define, write and follow project proposals for R&D calls (Regional, National, EU, US) in collaboration with operations in order to raise non-dilutive capital
- Perform lead generation, interact with potential customers to define project requirements to feed the sales process with qualified prospects
- Model the financial case associated with market opportunities
- Structure and negotiate agreements with partners, conduct due diligence, formulate partnership strategies and present recommendations to the management team, as well as manage transactional and execution steps to close the agreement
- Work closely with scientific/technology teams to define innovative and effective products and services
- Represent our company in (online) congresses or events
- Master’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biomedical Sciences, Bioscience- or Biomedical Engineering.
- Additional business degree or MBA
- Professional experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech development or a business development role in the same industries is a plus
- Scientific background, with understanding of biopharmaceuticals, biopharmaceutical drug development process and the broader healthcare industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to deliver key messages to internal and external audiences including the C-Suite
- Ability to prioritize actions and goals and to successfully progress sales along the business development pipeline
- Self-motivation and interest in fast-growing companies/SMEs
- Fluent English, any other language is a plus
We offer a long-term contract, a competitive salary package (health insurance, company car, pension plan, meal vouchers…) and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic, and fast-growing company. Is it appealing to you? Are you a powerful thinker combined with an efficient doer? Apply now!