Unizima is seeking an experienced business project manager who is part of a transversal team full of passionate change-makers.
He/She will be in charge of developing and supporting key projects within Latin America. The role involves a strong combination of project management and business development.
He/She will be responsible for sourcing and developing key projects within Latin America.
He/she ensures that those projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. He/she manages changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
He/she measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
KEY RESULT AREAS
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Be accountable for the 7 pillars of PM:
- Apply project cost policies, procedures & documentation
- Control cost at project level & report deviation
- Consolidate all project activities (incl. duration & sequence)
- Build project schedule & propose it as a baseline
- Control schedule at project level & report deviation
· Documentation / Deliverables:
- Consolidate requirements (project scope)
- Consolidate Work Breakdown Structure at project level
- Control scope at project level & report deviation
· Communication / Reporting:
- Ensure that all departments and experts receive information needed to perform their tasks properly
- Build reporting for different levels of communication
- Project’s execution oversight
- Project’s progress review & regular updates
- Endorsement of project deliverables
· Risk Management:
- Apply project risks policies, procedures & documentation
- Ensure regular reporting on residual risk assessment
- Consolidate project resource needs from all departments and experts
- Control resource at project level & report deviation
- Effectively build and foster ongoing or potential business relationships
- Identify and screen business opportunities for new projects, identify and contact decision-makers
- Develop business case and proposal for new projects in cooperation with partners
Relationship and coordination management
- Stimulate, align and coordinates all stakeholder’s contributions.
- Be the key interface with our client and partners.
- Act as facilitator to integrate all technical contributions (hospital design & construction, bioprocess, engineering, external suppliers …)
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
Quality, Compliance, EHS management
- Ensure these requirements are always taken into account.
- Collaborate with the EHS, quality & compliance local officers.
Risk management & reporting
- Implement issues & risks management systems.
- Develop recommendations and action plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks, affecting or likely to affect the successful execution of the construction phase.
PROFILE (QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE)
- Master’s degree in bioengineering, biology, engineering, ….
- Proven project/program management experience. A project management certification (PMP, Prince 2, PM²) is a clear asset. Unizima projects are managed according to PM².
- 5 years of international experience in similar positions, where proven track record of outstanding project and client management skills, involving mid to large sized projects, ideally in the hospital or (bio)pharmaceutical industry (vaccines, mAbs, …), with exposure to Latin American markets.
· You have a flair for business development.
- Self-motivated and passionate about the company’s mission to improve access to high-quality healthcare in emerging markets.
- Ability to communicate in a practical and commercial manner at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple cross disciplinary teams.
- Ability to prioritize for delivering quality projects on budget and on schedule.
- Stress resistant, agile and ability to deal with uncertainties specific to start-up companies/SMEs.
- Proven ability to self-manage and complete tasks without or with minimal supervision.
- Problem-solver and troubleshooters: ability to see problems as challenges and life experiences and try to stand above them, objectively.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- This position may require occasional travel.