Based in Nivelles, you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers in our Innovation Department. Our Innovation Engineering is a human-centered approach to innovation that draws from the designer’s toolkit to integrate the needs of people, the possibilities of technology, and the requirements for business success.
In this role, you will deliver Process Designs, Process Flow Diagrams, P&ID’s, Mass and Energy Balances, Flow dynamics Simulations and equipment Conceptual Designs at the base of Bio-Manufacturing Technologies Univercells is willing to develop for biological medicines production.
The ideal Candidate will have the ability to think creatively and apply innovative techniques to bring business benefit. Are you a process architect at heart and love designing and developing systems and processes from the ground up?
As a Chemical process engineer, you are responsible for developing new (bio) processes and designing new production equipment and plants. The processes Univercells is looking at are at the base of biologics’ production (viral vaccines, recombinant antibodies, and other biological medicines). The role includes:
·Based, on in depth understanding of biological processes’ needs, you will provide:
- Optimal functional design of new reactors for the implementation of bioprocesses.
- Optimal functional design of equipment that runs the optimally designed reactors.
- Optimal design of the end user’s process to qualify and quantify the value of the new bio-manufacturing technology.
- Cost modeling that shows the value of the processes, reactors, and controllers you will design and develop vs other technol.
·At the heart of your mission, you will:
- Provide Process Designs, Process Flow Diagrams, P&ID’s, Mass and Energy Balances, Flow dynamics Simulations and Conceptual Designs at the base of Manufacturing Technologies Univercells is willing to develop.
- Translate well established chemical engineering rules from the chemical/food industry to the bioprocessing needs at the base of Univercells’ mission.
- Perform the characterization of the new reactors and equipment that you will design and develop.
- Perform the appropriate studies to establish and demonstrate that the process meets its pre-determined process specifications.
- Establish a very close collaboration with the team of biologists, mechanical engineers and automation engineers, in order to deliver technical solutions that integrate all end-users’ needs.
·Taking the leadership for:
- Maintaining an awareness of new technologies being developed in related industrial fields that could inspire us.
- Maintaining an awareness of new technologies developed by our competitors.
- Technical and scientific literature review.
·Finally, you will:
- Take ownership of the process-related aspects of projects in a collaborative manner and provide technical support to the project team.
- Schedule and coordinate work to tight deadlines and within budgets.
- Assess safety and environmental issues, ensuring safe working conditions and compliance with health and safety legislation.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role in the industry or in a research or development institution.
- You have a relevant experience in biologics / biopharmaceuticals / pharmaceutics.
- Degree in (Bio) Chemical engineering (Master or PhD).
- You can communicate effectively on sophisticated technical / engineering issues at the highest level with colleagues as well as external stakeholders.
- You have problem-solving skills and mathematical skills.
- You work with a subtle balance of analytical skills, creativity, and ingenuity.
- You are technically and scientifically very curious.
- An experience using Design of experiments is an advantage.
- Solid planning & organizational skills.
- Fluent English is required, French or Flemish is an asset.