Exothera, one of Univercells’ subsidiaries, is a newly launched contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that aims at supporting cell and gene therapy (C>) developers with process development and production of viral vectors.
Exothera is uniquely positioned to create bespoke bioproduction support programs for manufacturers to achieve successful market entry.
At Exothera and Univercells, we are on a mission to make health equally accessible to all. We work every day to reinvent biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. Through the combination of process development and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities to achieve our mission: Biologics available and affordable to all!! This job is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful.
Based in our Gosselies or Jumet offices and home-based, you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers.
As our technology and innovation leader, you will act in direct collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Technological knowledge, strategic thinking, and strong business acumen are essential in this role.
We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends in cell & gene therapy, and familiar with service industry business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we definitely want to meet you!
- Monitor industry, customer, and competitive technological advances and trends to analyze implications for the business and make relevant recommendations to the organization's governing body
- Understand business priorities and leverage industry knowledge and consumer understanding to improve existing activities and identify new service (and products) opportunities
- Discover, select, and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage and help departments use technology profitably
- Communicate insights internally and externally and act as a technological ambassador for Exothera
- Remain informed on global regulatory requirements related to C> development and manufacturing, to anticipate technological impacts
- Actively collaborate with the business developers, project managers, and operations to generate proposals, win new clients, and ensure customer satisfaction with the delivered services
- Participate in the development of all necessary tools to generate successful and sustainable CDMO services
- Interact with different innovation teams of the group to ensure alignment and collaboration when potential synergies are identified
- Oversee and participate in all scientific and technology improvement initiatives (internal, intra-group, partnerships)
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Master degree and/or Ph.D. in Biotech or Medical Sciences field
- At least 5 years of experience as a CTO or similar leadership role. Prior experience in CRO/CMO/CDMO evolving in the field of C> manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Solid scientific background with an in-depth understanding of viral vectors and cell culture processes, including regulatory requirements and GMP operational constraints
- Demonstrated ability to map scientific questions to an automation/technology solution
- Strong network in worldwide life sciences sector to call upon specific expertise when needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to deliver key messages to internal and external audiences
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus