Here, in Nivelles (Belgium), as DSP Development Technician (vaccines), you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. You will be involved in the successful development of smart and innovative vaccine production process. You will support the Downstream (DSP) Team of Scientists and Bioprocess Engineers in all operations associated with development and optimization of viruses and proteins isolation and purification. As DSP Lab Technician, you will take an active role in the design and the scaling-up of the Downstream processes within the Vaccine Process Development department (from development to technical transfer for Clinical and commercial lot production).
- Carry out all operations associated with DSP processes including:
- Preparation and filtration of buffers
- Preparation of single use manifolds for execution of experimental work
- Clarification and filtration of viral harvests
- Ultrafiltration and diafiltration of viral harvests
- Preparative chromatography on viral harvest
- Management of lab and equipment used for operational work, including stock of consumable and reagents
- Maintenance of a clean and safe working area
- Contribution to selection and implementation of the most efficient single-use
- Results collection and analysis
- Correct use and tracking of quality system (procedures/checklist/working instructions, etc.)
- Adherence to standard operating procedures in all the operational tasks executed with a special emphasis on the compliance with biosafety procedures for BSL-3 labs
- Identification and reporting of CAPA’s
- Contribution to general lab activities (housekeeping and maintenance)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences,
- Minimum 2 years of experience in downstream process development,
- Hands-on experience with Tangential flow filtration and Chromatography,
- Familiar with Akta purification systems is a plus,
- Strong sense of observation and capability of troubleshooting,
- Resistance to stress and flexibility (adaptability to a changing and multi-tasked environment),
- Enthusiasm and agility to work on a variety of projects and to learn more every day,
- Strong organizational skills, proactivity, scientific curiosity, desire to be impactful,
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team,
- Willing to work in a BSL3 lab,
- Previous working experience with viral vaccines is an asset,
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
We offer a long-term contract (CDI), a competitive salary package (health insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers…) and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic and fast-growing company.
Is this function appealing to you? Do you want to work within a great and motivated team?
Join us and let's work together to make biologics available and affordable for all!