Exothera, one of Univercells’ subsidiaries, is the newly launched contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) that supports cell and gene therapy developers with process development and production of viral vectors.
Exothera is uniquely positioned to create bespoke bioproduction support programs for manufacturers to achieve successful market entry.
At Exothera and Univercells, we are on a mission to make health equally accessible to all. We work every day to reinvent biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. Through the combination of state-of-the-art process development, analytics, and engineering expertise, we create synergies to deliver game-changing production capacities.
This job is the perfect opportunity to contribute to our mission and be impactful.
Covering our different sites in Belgium (mainly Jumet, & Gosselies,), you will join a collaborative team of passionate change-makers. You will be a key member of an international and dynamic team in a fast-growing and innovative organization of +200 people, fully supported by prominent investors and international organizations.
You will lead the Supply Chain department in order to ensure the maximum level of performance of our research, development, and production activities.
With your managerial and functional expertise, you will be required to collaborate with production, process engineering, quality, maintenance, supply chain, and project/program managers teams.
Based in Jumet, your role will be to:
- Set-up, start-up, and then manage the supply chain routine GMP operations in the newly built facilities in Jumet, by end of Q1 2021: set up of the organization (logistics, planning/scheduling) and build the team (hiring people), roll out business process and system (ERP, MRP, DIG4.0, etc.).
- Provide leadership, direction, and expertise to create and manage the supply chain function/activities in Jumet.
- Develop key relationships with internal/external stakeholders and the corporate supply chain department to assess risk, review future strategies, identify potential cost down, ensure a high-quality level and supply chain performance. Build a solid relationship with your internal clients to align with them on requirements through forecast collection for example.
- Monitor the end-to-end Supply Change process through an appropriate level of control and KPI definition, and driven by a balanced corporate scorecard.
- Define and promote good supply chain practices within the Exothera organization, in alignment with the governance direction from the Corporate level (Univercells Holding), and more specifically GMP oriented, and within a cold chain background.
- Develop a solid SC system (ERP, gun, RFID tag, temperature control, etc.) in order to increase the global performance of the supply chain and internal customer satisfaction through adequate SC visibility (track and tracing).
- Build a robust supply chain in partnership with quality, maintenance, production, etc., to ensure continuity of business, reduction of stock levels, and appropriate restocking rules.
- Proactive management of suppliers (internal/external) including anticipation of risks or opportunities, problems identification & resolution …
- Implement, in partnership with the quality department required action plan to develop and manage GMP production activities.
- Make sure that the processes are respected to ensure EHS/quality and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to define strategically the future vision of the organization, and support the governance activities.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in supply chain (logistics, procurement, planning, and scheduling).
- At least 5 years of industry experience in biologics/biopharmaceuticals/pharmaceutics.
- Experience in a GMP environment, with cold chain experience and eventually Industry 4.0.
- Demonstrated experience in leading operational team.
- Experience with Customer interactions, such as in a CRO or CDMO is a plus.
- Pragmatic, solution-driven with a critical and analytical mind.
- Experience with ERP / Power BI and good knowledge of Excel.
- You are an active team player with subsidiaries partner with a positive attitude, hands-on mentality, willing to share your knowledge with others, agile project management skills is a plus.
- You are able to lead a team, acting as a role model, building and maintaining a strong and collaborative team.
- Enthusiastic, flexible, and able to lead a multitasking role.
- Excellent quality and organization of work (autonomy, methodological approach, behavior under pressure…).
- Business Degree in Administration or in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Master degree with SC experience, OR similar experience.
- Eventually Recognized CPIM certification.
- Fluent English and French.