Based in Nivelles you will join the Vaccine Process Development team. Our ambition is to position Univercells as a key player and a reference in the development of new technologies for vaccine production by proposing solutions breaking the barriers to bioproduction and making vaccines available and affordable to all.
In collaboration with the scientist, you will participate in the design, the optimization and the scale-up of processes and you will contribute to developing the new processes in alignment with the vaccine project objectives and milestones.
- Management of lab and equipment used for operational work, monitoring of consumables and reagents, maintenance of a clean and safe working area, housekeeping routines.
- Execution of operations associated with cell culture and viral production processes in BSL-2 and BSL-3:
- Preparation and filtration of solutions (media and feeds).
- Preparation of cell banks and virus seeds
- Execution of sterility tests.
- Preparation of assemblies for execution of experiments.
- Setting up, operation, dismantling, cleaning, and sterilization of bioreactors and other process equipment.
- Conducting experiments for upstream process development following defined conditions.
- Cell culture monitoring with basic analytical methods.
- Writing and management of documentation related to experiments.
- Data and result collection and record in defined forms with accuracy.
- Results analysis and report writing.
Quality Safety and continuous improvement
- Adherence to standard operating procedures in all the operational tasks executed with a special emphasis on compliance with biosafety procedures for BSL-2 and BSL-3 labs.
- Identification and reporting of deviations from standard operating procedures and of unexpected events through the initiation of related investigations.
- Support for corrective and preventive actions related to deviations and unexpected events.
- Generation of process quality documentation for vaccines platform (procedures, work instructions, templates, etc.).
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in cell culture and viral production processes, aseptic practices and basic analytical methods.
- Knowledge of bioreactor setup and operation is an asset
- Work experience in a BSL2 or BSL3 labs.
- Integrity and transparency.
- Strong sense of observation, inventive & critical mindset, scientific curiosity, and problem-solving skills.
- Proactivity, flexibility, work organizational skills.
- Enthusiasm and agility to work on a variety of projects.
- Capability to leverage know-how in order to participate in the development of the new generation solutions.
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).