Based in Nivelles you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. You will lead the development of our warehouse center, supporting our labs activities.
You will ensure our lab technicians, engineers and production operators have the right equipment and supplies to achieve their mission. The position serves as a liaison for the operations when it relates to supply of consumables, components, semi and eventually finished goods.
Additionally, you will guarantee the adequate supply of our lab facilities in the Biopark of Charleroi Brussels South.
You will also oversee outbound shipments, secondary packaging, transport organization and follow-up.
This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager. You will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Logistics department across our two sites in Nivelles & Gosselies.
- Your will perform operational activities on shop floor while being the back-up of the logistics technician (inbound reception/outbound execution/cycle count execution).
- You will provide leadership and coaching to logistics operators to achieve department objectives and exceed customer and corporate requirements.
- You will set challenging but realistic SMART goals within areas of accountability.
- You will partner with and assist Operations, Quality, Supply Planning & Sales in order to promote a high standard of customer service, proactively identifying and resolving quality and service issues relating to logistics operations.
- You will oversee and take part in logistics activities including inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing and internal customer service, with focus on best practice and continuous improvement. You will also support the documentation of logistics processes and work instructions.
- You will Supervise WMS (Warehouse Management System) transactions & cycle counts to maintain accurate inventory and reporting systems for finished products, components, packaging and consumables.
- You will lead logistics projects to drive warehouse efficiency and improvements.
- You will define, monitor and communicate KPIs & metrics
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 3-5 years of experience in Logistics or Operations. Pharma or Biotech environment is eventually a plus.
- Good working knowledge of warehouse & distribution operations, as well as information systems, transportation and inventory management.
- Ability to facilitate projects/focus groups in a team environment while providing team leadership.
- Ability to organize change, build relationships, and make good use of available resources.
- As well, cope with operational back up activities if required.
- Ability to confront problems and handle conflict.
- Ability to problem solve and set priorities, generating new ideas and improved ways of working while maintaining effective control.
- Excellent quality and organization of work (autonomy, methodological approach, behavior under pressure, rigor).
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean Supply Chain (Continuous Improvement Methodology, Kaizen, 5S,…).
- Experience with ERP / WMS systems (Odoo is a plus).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Enthusiastic and flexible to lead a multitasking role.
- Strong desire to be impactful.
- Fluent in English and French