Based in Nivelles you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-maker. As Electromechanical Engineer, you will be part of the development team, reporting to the Automation Manager. Univercells technologies is developing a new generation of biotech equipment (Scale-X and NevoLine) and to move forward with the development of our innovative products we are looking for an experienced Electromechanical Engineer.
Your mission will be leading the selection, design, procurement, construction, commissioning and validation of our electromechanical equipment (biosafety cabinet, isolator, bioreactor controller, benchtop…).
You will work closely with the development team to deliver the best product for our customers.
The Hardware development manager is accountable to plan and develop the hardware portion for new Univercells Technologies products. She/He will have in charge the mechanical/manifolds design and final equipment test and qualification. She/He will work closely with an automation team in charge of instrumentation/software/electricity as well as the consumable bioreactor teams to assure seamless integration of product elements.
She/ he will be responsible to lead his/her team (5-10 engineers). She/ he will report to the head of equipment development.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Non-exhaustive list)
- Develop our product and ensure sustaining activities
- Lead the development of hardware part for new products by following the development phases of our New Product Introduction process: design, procurement, manufacturing & qualification.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress, including KPI and board/stakeholders reports in collaboration with the project manager.
- Develop a robust and innovative design in line with customer’s requirements and standards.
- Gathers the raw materials necessary to build or create the product being developed, Identify in collaboration with procurement the equipment suppliers/subcontractors. Develop partnership with customers to improve cost and quality. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Ensure coordination with the different suppliers/manufacturers. Ensure quality of the product delivered is aligned with quality expected. Ensure budget and timeline alignment.
- Qualify the equipment accordingly. Develop the user documentation and appropriate training. Perform risk management to minimize project risks, Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation are well defined and limited the project development risk.
- Report and escalate to management as needed, manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Implement design changes.
- Ensure a complete alignment with the automation team as well as the bioreactor consumable teams.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Ensure an appropriate sustaining service in collaboration with technical service team to reach a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Work with Product Management and Marketing to ensure that technology used for our product allows to be attractive on the market. Presents new ideas to the innovation and product team to gain permission to develop product lines or other features.
- Support the Product Manager and represent if required the development function at the customer
- Lead and report a cost analysis on the development of a new product, maintain a full KPI visibility on cost development during the project, including budget and forecast (Opex and Capex)
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding.
- Increase our development efficiency and our product quality
- Identify and develop standard process to increase our development efficiency and ensure compliance with pharmaceutical requirements (design, qualification, sustaining, change request,)
- Develop guidance to ensure alignment between our products
- Lead and develop our development team by coaching/mentoring
- Lead the development team (between 5-10 engineers)
- Coach/train our development team to increase their engineering skills (pharma)
- Master degree in electromechanical engineering
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product/project throughout its lifecycle
- 5-10y Pharma experience in project management or new product development or equivalent (GEP knowledge, …)
- You have expertise in leading a team of engineers
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in single-use and electromechanical development
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- You are a team player with a problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Project management and organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Customer Oriented: excellent client-facing and internal stakeholders management
- International mindset
- Coaching skills are a plus.
- Biotechnology process knowledge is a plus.