At Univercells Technologies, our mission is to make healthcare accessible to all. We work every day to reinvent biomanufacturing processes and develop or integrate the next innovative technologies. Through the combination of process development and engineering expertise, we create synergies to provide game-changing production capabilities to achieve our mission: Available and affordable biologics for all!
This position is an ideal opportunity to contribute to our mission and make an impact.
Univercells technologies is developing a new generation of biotechnology equipment (Scale-X and NevoLine) and to move forward with the production of our innovative products, we are looking for a Process Improvement & Engineering Manager to support our growth as well as the improvement of our performance in quality, delivery and cost.
Based in Belgium with potential travel to work on expansion projects with a variety of collaborators (e.g., Quality, Product Development, or Field Service).
As a Process Improvement & Engineering Manager you will be a role model as passionate change-maker and oversee processes and equipment's improvements to meet our capacity growth as well as our increasing quality, delivery, and efficiency performance. You will therefore leverage good manufacturing practices, lean management, as well as engineering methodologies.
You will also manage and develop a team responsible of the following processes:
- Process Improvement of our supply chain & manufacturing processes
- Equipment design, selection, qualification, maintenance and calibration – incl. URS, SAT/FAT, IQ/OQ/PQ protocol definition, redaction and execution
- Design and manufacture of experimental devices, prototypes or pre-series to support our product design, testing, characterization and development phases
- Execution of FAT for our systems and equipment
- Management of the workshop, the planning, and of the team to ensure a high level of performance
- Writing of work instruction, standard operating procedure, batch records or other work related documents
- Ownership of deviation, unexpected events, supplier complaints or other quality process (including the impact assessment, root cause analysis and improvement solution implementation) in order to continuously increase the quality of our work
- Master’s degree in engineering (mechanics, electricity, or bioengineering)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar position
- Mechanics: broad knowledge of fixing, assembly, cutting, gluing, welding, piping, HVAC, mechanical drawings
- Electricity: broad knowledge of cabling and installation for power distribution (230V) and signals (24V), Ethernet network, connectors, sensors, installation and fixing accessories, electrical drawings
- IT: broad knowledge on industrial IT, PLC coding, PC installation, exporting data, data network and communication protocol, excel, ERP
- Process Improvement: broad knowledge of lean manufacturing, 5S, Kanban, visual management
- Validation: Broad knowledge of equipment quality validation in a Biotech/Medical Device/Pharma industry and in clean room environment is a must
- Can-Do attitude, inventive, and solution-oriented tinkerer
- Very good organizational and time & project management skills
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Fluent in English and French
We offer a long-term contract, a competitive salary package (health insurance, company car, pension plan, meal vouchers…) and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic and fast-growing company.
Is it appealing to you? Are you a powerful thinker combined with an efficient doer? Apply now !