Based in Belgium (Nivelles, Jumet, or Brussels), you will join a fast-growing team full of passionate change-makers.
Our ideal candidate will support the whole organization for delivering the various projects of Univercells Vaccines being executed internally and/or externally.
As the integrator of product-specific transversal development activities, you will deliver one integrated project plan covering all activities with a focus on tactics and execution.
As such, you will provide essential support to several projects, working with the Development Leader and other team members to achieve project successful delivery.
A PM role is a challenging position as (s)he cares about the team functionality and increases the team efficiency.
Acting as a champion for Project Management methodologies (Lean), techniques (Prince2), processes (Stages Gates), tools & ways of working, you will educate colleagues in these areas and share best practice across the organization (both for traditional Waterfall projects and for Agile projects).
The role value for the organization is to engage & align all Univercells people in order that all their efforts & contribution converge towards timely & reliable projects’ delivery.
Framing Project Goals and Objectives
Designing Project Strategies
- Use Critical Thinking to design optimal project strategies and scenarios through identifying, developing and employing the right methods and frameworks based on clear goals, benefits and business cases.
- Inform timely, facilitate quality decision-making and avoid misunderstanding.
- This includes ongoing strategic alignment, scenario planning as well as ensuring dependencies and interfaces are fully considered
Project Planning, Scheduling and Resourcing
- Act as single point of contact for overall project budget, planning information, progress tracking and reporting.
- Partner with Finance to ensure that the team is reviewing the budgets, implementing changes and tracking variances.
- Manage project activities, budget, resource allocation, critical path, milestones and scheduling as required.
- Closely watch the project schedule, monitoring deadlines for each project task. Check regularly that every deadline is still possible and report any potential delays to the Development Lead.
Acting as guardian of the processes for execution
- Deliver projects according to the New Product Development & Introduction Integrated (NPDI2) plan. Manage the transition to next stage gate.
- Deliver projects according to the Product Life-Cycle Change Control (PLC3) process.
Organize Project Meetings
- Arrange regular meetings with the members of the project: appropriate meeting rooms, materials, calendar invitation, agenda, pre-read information, write & circulate minutes.
- Organize, write and/or track preparation of supporting documents & evidence according to the processes for execution.
- Maintain and archive crucial project documents which track change progress & approval.
- File all project documents in an appropriate database or library and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been circulated, reviewed & approved by the Development Lead and Team Members.
Risks, Issues and Opportunities Management
- Proactively identifies and mitigates issues and risks that could impact the progression of the project while exploring and maximizing opportunities during all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Measuring Project Performance
- Setting and monitoring project quality and performance including KPIs, feedback-based project reviews and identifies opportunities for improvement.
Communicating Project Information
- Managing the project communication plan to identify the key messages, audiences, interfaces, timings and mechanisms for effective & transparent communication at all levels including externally to the organization.
- Monitor and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders and teams to establish a safe, collaborative environment for effective project communications and manages change by motivating towards common goals while championing conflict resolution.
Project Management Center of Expertise – Training
- Drive best in industry practices by contributing lessons learned, challenges, solutions and involvement in process improvement projects.
- Train colleagues on Project Management best practices and processes as needed.
Univercells Vaccines is looking for an analytical thinker with solid organizational skills and excellent problem-solving skills. The successful Project Management Resource can multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment. (S)he is a team player with a high level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, Univercells Vaccines is seeking candidates with the following skills:
- At least 5 years of experience in a Project Management role, or related function, within Pharmaceutical Industry or its providers.
- Experience of working with global, multi-cultural, diverse, cross-functional project teams, with demanding timelines and complex deliverables, focused on the research, development and commercialization of a product, including Regulatory Affairs, Safety, Medical Affairs, Manufacturing and Access.
- A Master’s degree in life sciences is highly preferred.
- Project Management Certification or Qualification is an asset (PMP, Prince 2, Agile …).
- Thorough familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling computer applications.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical and creative thinking.
- Ability to build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on conflicts and problem-solving.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.