Based in Brussels or remotely based in your home-country, you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers.
You will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for leading business development transactions at Unizima. You will work closely with Unizima colleagues to help identify and evaluate external programs, assets, and companies for potential partnership and licensing to serve the leads’ pipeline needs.
You will have high visibility across the organization, have influence over corporate strategy, and will have substantial interactions with the Core Leadership Team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS: Deliver in-licensing deals
- You develop, build, and grow relationships and close business with both new and existing pharmaceutical -life science- companies. Identify and influence key decision makers at all levels within their organization.
- You influence and model the financial business case opportunities from inception to close. You identify and qualify new in-licensing opportunities.
- You maintain awareness of industry trends and other market factors (ex. Government regulations) impacting the Unizima business model.
- You conduct due diligence, formulate partnership strategies and present recommendation to the management team as well as manage transactional and execution steps to close.
- You regularly network and develop relationships with prospective partners, academic institutions, and licensors while evaluating opportunities at medical and business development conferences.
COMPLEMENTARY: Supporting Business Development activities
- You are in charge of developing and maintaining strong relationships with key business partners, connecting with stakeholders and leaders to bring projects from conceptualization to fruition.
- You effectively build and foster ongoing or potential business relationships.
- You identify and screen business opportunities within (and outside) the project, identify and contact decision-makers and propose adequate plans to execute, increasing the value of the current project and/or offsetting potential risks and challenges.
- You effectively facilitate discussions and meetings and communicate with customers and project stakeholders.
- You represent Unizima, develop and sustain client and prospect relationships through market-facing activities: trade associations, conferences, presentations, meetings, business networking, symposiums and other industry events.
- You work closely with Unizima Project Management, Business and Technology Transfer teams to sell and deploy bioproduction facilities in LMICs.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- MBA or related advanced degree, strong scientific orientation and proven experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech / life science industry
- 10+ years in business development roles in Pharma and/or Biotech and solid scientific background with an in-depth understanding of biopharmaceuticals
- Knowledge or experience in vaccines, bio-similar and rare disease deal-making is required
- Strong network in worldwide or regional life sciences sector and demonstrated track record in leading strategic transactions including negotiating complex agreements and driving business decisions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills – the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences (colleagues, scientific and technical leaders, financial institutions, lawyers, pharmaceutical and business partners, collaborators, customers, and senior executives)
- A resourceful, strategic and analytical thinker and creative problem solver who can help shape both individual deals and the future strategy of the business
- A strong scientific orientation – in-depth understanding of the drug discovery and development process
- Self-motivation and interest for start-up companies/SMEs
- Fluent English is mandatory. Spanish and any other language is a plus