Here, in Nivelles (Belgium), you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers. You will be the actor of the successful development of a smart and innovative RNA platform for therapeutic products production. You will lead our RNA research team to support molecular biology activities leading to develop an efficient process for RNA-based therapeutic drugs production. You will optimize and implement the process steps to develop a cost-effective and high yield USP process. You will also scale up the process, and support the analytical team to develop and implement analytical assays of the RNA-based candidate products.
As a senior scientist in molecular biology, your will mainly contribute to:
- Implement the USP process developed by the innovation team at small scale.
- Optimize USP steps of RNA-based products at small scale.
- Scale up USP process.
- Lead the operational USP process development team of RNA based therapeutics.
- Support the analytical team for assay development.
- Contribution to and supervision of the experiments in the lab.
- Plan and anticipate needs of consumables and equipment.
- Process transfer from or to external partners.
- Management of documentation related to experiment (Protocols and report writing).
- Results analysis and presentation.
- Traceability of performed operational work through recording of all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and accountability.
- Interaction with and support to the Project Managers.
- Correct use and tracking of quality system within the field of activities (procedures/checklist/working instructions, etc.)
- Adherence to standard operating procedures in all the operational tasks executed.
- Identification and reporting of deviations from standard operating procedures and of unexpected events through initiation of related investigations.
- Support of corrective and preventive actions related to deviations and unexpected events.
- Contribution to general lab activities (housekeeping and maintenance)
- Generation of process quality documentation (procedures, work instructions, templates, etc.)
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Molecular Biology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the molecular biology field.
- Experience in RNA synthesis processes and antigen design is a plus.
- Strong sense of observation and capability of troubleshooting
- Resistance to stress and flexibility (adaptability to a changing and multi-tasked environment)
- Enthusiasm and agility to work on a variety of projects and to learn more every day
- Strong organizational skills, proactivity, scientific curiosity, desire to be impactful
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)