Based in Jumet you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-makers.
You will be responsible for the successful transfer, scale-up, supervision, and optimization of biopharma processes at our client’s facilities. You are an expert in process science and manufacturing. In this role, you significantly contribute to the development of the Bioproduction toolbox and share the manufacturing responsibility as a long-term process owner.
RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- You carry out the successful transfer, scale-up, cleaning & process validation of biopharma manufacturing processes from our hub (buffer/media preparation, preculture, USP, DSP, IPC, QC, cleaning, sterilization, decontamination) to our client’s facilities.
- You support the implementation of new processes in our client’s site in conformity with clients & GMP requirements.
- As client support front line, you support process troubleshooting, continuous improvement, and technical discussion with prospects/clients.
- You monitor and establish the data trends of running processes to ensure process reliability.
- You train and coach clients’ personnel and other stakeholders.
- You write and manage the documentation related to the technology transfer, industrialization, and process qualification/validation.
- This position is based in Belgium but will require frequent travel to emerging markets, with local short to mid-term stay for the completion of assigned duties.
REQUIREMENTS and QUALIFICATIONS
- You hold a Bachelor, Engineer, MSc in Biotechnology or Process Engineering, or equivalent acquired through experience.
- You have +5 years of successful and relevant experience in bioprocess development, technology transfer, and/or MSAT activities (biotherapeutics, vaccines).
- You fully understand and have hands-on experience with compliance and cGMP considerations.
- If you have participated in setting up/qualification/start-up projects of a new plant/facility, it will be considered a clear plus.
- You are a team player, with strong demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- You are resilient, proactive, and agile in a demanding environment.
- You are flexible and able to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team.
- You are fluent in English. French and/or Spanish is a plus.