Based in Nivelles and/or Gosselies, as USP Laboratory technician, you will join a collaborative team full of passionate change-maker. The USP Laboratory technician will support the Bio-process Engineers of the CDMO team (Contract Development Manufacturing organization) in all operations associated with the customized optimization of cell culture processes and facilitate the scale-up from development to production.
- In the lab, you will be as team member, responsible for the execution of operational work and you will carry out all activities associated to cell culture process like:
- Preparation and filtration of solutions (media and feeds), and cell banks
- Conduct of sterility tests on media, feeds and cell banks
- Preparation of assemblies for execution of experimental work
- Setup, operation, dismantling, cleaning and sterilization of cell culture equipment
- Conduct of experiments for upstream process development under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods at different scales (from flask to cellstack before bioreactor), including cell line development, cell expansion (seed train) and bioprocess production
- Follow-up of culture monitoring by applying different simple analytical methods like cellular counter, inverted microscope,…
- You will also be in charge of lab and equipment supervision and monitoring the stock (consumables and reagent)
- You will keep clean and safe the working area by following established housekeeping routines and conduct of lab environment monitoring
- Out of the lab you will edit the documentation related to experiments and you are responsible for the traceability of performed operational work through recording of all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and accountability
- You will carefully follow the quality system tracking within the field of activities and SOPs in all operational tasks
- You will identify and report all deviations and/or unexpected events through initiation of related investigations, and you will support the corrective and preventive actions
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s or Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biomedical Sciences
- Ideally a minimum 2 years of experience in cell culture processes, aseptic practices and working in a laminar flow-hood
- Knowledge of bioreactor system is an asset
- Capability and interest to leverage know-how with classical cell culture techniques to participate in the development of new generation solutions
- Strong sense of observation and capability of troubleshooting
- Resistance to stress and flexibility (adaptability to a changing and multi-tasked environment)
- Enthusiasm and agility to work on a variety of projects and to learn more every day
- Strong organizational skills, proactivity, scientific curiosity, desire to be impactful
- Capability to work in a cross-functional and multi-cultural team
- Good understanding of English (written and spoken
Did you recognize yourself in this job description? We offer a long-term contract (CDI), a competitive salary, a complete compensation & benefits package and the possibility of evolution in an international, dynamic and fast-growing company.
Do you want to work within a great and motivated team? Just apply and we will come back to you.
Let's work together to make Biologics Available for All!