Through entrepreneurship and technology-driven affordability, we address the needs of the entire health value chain. Under our business model of hub-and-spoke, we support the creation of globally distributed manufacturing biologics.
We have a central campus (Hub – Univercells’ campus in Belgium) from which we create and maintain a distributed network of bioproduction facilities (Spokes) to support global access to biologics.
integrated low footprint
for scale & transfer
targets of global
on the Ground Execution
We have a central campus (Univercells’ campus = “Hub”) from which we create and maintain a distributed network of bioproduction facilities (= “spokes”) to support global access to biologics.
Performance & Data
Sustainability is fully integrated into our daily operations, overseen by our Sustainability Committee that was created in 2019.
- Board of Directors
- Strategic Committee (Univercells)
- Audit Committee
- For each affiliate
- Board of Directors
- Strategic & Scientific Advisory Board
- Audit Committee
- Sustainability Committee Assume Transversal Role
In accordance with our sustainability strategy, Univercells intends to pursue a green & social policy and is contributing to the advancement of multiple Sustainable Development Goals.
The 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Univercells includes its activities in a wider framework and has aligned its strategy with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in advance of 2030.
- Support the research and development of vaccines and medicines for the communicable and non-communicable diseases that primarily affect developing countries.
- Provide access to affordable essential medicines and vaccines.
- Substantially increase health financing and the recruitment, development, training and retention of the health workforce in developing countries.
- Upgrade infrastructure and retrofit industries to make them sustainable, with increased resource-use efficiency and greater adoption of clean technologies and industrial processes.
- Enhance scientific research, upgrade the technological capabilities of industrial sectors in all countries, in particular developing countries, including, by 2030, encouraging innovation.
- Achieve higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading, and innovation, including through a focus on high value added and labor-intensive sectors.
- Mobilize additional financial resources for developing countries from multiple sources.
- Enhance international cooperation on and access to science, technology and innovation and enhance knowledge sharing.
- Promote the development, transfer, dissemination, and diffusion of environmentally sound technologies to developing countries.
- Enhance the global partnership for sustainable development, complemented by multi-stakeholder partnerships that mobilize and share knowledge, expertise, technology and financial resources, to support the achievement of the sustainable development goals.
- Encourage and promote effective public, public-private, and civil society partnerships.
Our Impact is measured through an, monitoring our affiliates’ efforts to deliver on the Univercells mission.
Approach & ambitions
Our ambition is to promote local autonomy and give countries and regions around the world their own means of production, control, and autonomy around their own health.
Univercells’ approach centred on global health, has resonated strongly with stakeholders and partners.
Sustainability across the Group
Diversity and workforce
Univercells is a Belgian company with a global scope. We gather a diverse team of more than 300 employees from 30 different nationalities. As an equal opportunity employer, 40% of our staff members are women. At senior Management level, five out of eleven of the members are women.